Ready to build your first circuit?
Want to build an electronic circuit? Learn about different components and how to make fun and practical circuits. New projects every week!
Simple LED Flasher
Have you seen those emergency flashers by the side of the road where maintenance work is being done? Or how about on car alarms or even on the rear mudguard of bicycles? All of these work in the same way as this simple project.
What you need
How to build it
1. Put your battery in your battery pack. (Tip: use rechargeable batteries as they don't wear out your components as quickly)
2. Grab your breadboard and plug in the negative and positive cables from the battery pack into the power bar with the positive and negative labels (If your breadboard does no have a power bar, simply plug both cables into two separate columns).
3. Grab your resistor and plug it into the positive power column or power bar and insert the other side of the resistor into an unused column.
4. Grab your led and insert both pins into two separate columns. Make sure you plug the long pin on the led in the same column as the resistor.
5. Grab a GPIO cable and plug one end of the cable into one of the negative GPIO plugs in the power bar and the other end into a plug in the column of which the other pin of the led is in.